Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Popping the Question to the Bridesmaids

I'm very close to all my friends and they are all super supportive of the wedding and excited to be involved so I knew I wanted to ask them to be bridesmaids in a special way!  I of course can't keep a secret so when I got engaged I told them they'd all be bridesmaids but that I'd "officially" ask them later on.

After some brainstorming and time on Pinterest I had the perfect idea, but then I realized you can't mail booze so I started over and found something I liked even better.  I took a few ideas I liked on Pinterest and combined them into one for my own idea…

Supplies:
(all from Michael's)
Wooden Box
Black Letter
Sponge Paint Brushes
Light Pink Paint

How To:
Paint the top of the boxes light pink (inside and outside).  It took two coats of paint and I left them open to dry on the table. 
Next hot glue each girl's initial to the top of their Bridesmaid's Box
Insert "Will you be my bridesmaid" cut out with a couple pictures of you and your future bridesmaid (I started by double stick taping them inside but that didn't work so I ended up using hot glue here too)
Place a nice poem inside the box then put some decorative stuffing in (I used pink grass to match)
Fill the box with some of your favorite goodies.  I wanted to pick items that I liked and I knew the girls would like to make it personal.  I used a candle, with each girl's monogram (because everyone loves a monogram) and a "bridesmaid" wine bag. 
All six of my finished products!

All six happily said "YES" and I can't wait to share this experience with them.

Next "Wedding Wednesday" will be alternatives ideas I had to ask them..

Xo C




9 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea. One of my best friends is getting married the month after I am. And to ask us she did something super similar. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What font did you use for the cards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I think probably Pinterest! Possibly with a little personal additions.

      Delete
  4. Where did you get the bridesmaid wine bags?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are the dimensions of the boxes? If you remember, that is.

    ReplyDelete