Friday, May 1, 2015

The Week After Vacation {Friday Linkups}

This week we've slowly adjusted back into real life.  And by slowly I mean full force ahead.
We came back to probably one of our busiest weeks so far this spring.  It seemed we both had to be up earlier than usual every day, we had plans each night, we tried to catch up on being away, etc.

Cue, the weekend.  Ah, now that it's here I finally feel like I can breath again.  I have so many little things to catch up on and can't wait to get a fresh start at a new week next Monday!

Let's get to some favorites, shall we?

Linking up today with April, Karli, Amanda and Erika

{O N E} Favorite Outfits
I am by no means a fashionista, a fashion blogger or anything close.  I do however put way more effort into putting together my outfits this time of the year because dressing in the summer months is way more fun - all the bright colors, the patterns, etc.  Plus, in the winter, if I'm in my house I'm usually in something comfortable and not very glamorous.
So I thought it might be fun to share to of my favorite looks of the week...
TOP: Loft - sold out (similar style) on sale and additional 50% off right now
NECKLACE: kendra scott
SHOES: Loft - old (very similar style - also Loft)

DRESS: similar style
NECKLACE: stella & dot
PURSE: Tory Burch (very similar style - same brand)

{T W O} We Love Birthdays
Last night we celebrated my stepdad or dad I should say, Steve's birthday (my dad passed away when I was younger and we were blessed to have Steve fill in that father position for us once my dad was gone). 
I love my family members' birthdays almost as much as my own because it always means a big celebration, a great meal, cake (duh!), and celebrating one of my favorite people.  Last fall before Derek's birthdays (our birthdays all fall between November-April) I announced proudly that I was going to bake everyone a homemade cake for their birthday cake this year.  I was SO excited, I had all this new baking stuff from bridal showers, my own kitchen, wanted to start learning, etc.  WELL.. Derek said he only wanted an ice cream cake (my least favorite type of cake, opposites attract, right?!), My mom said "well birthdays are the only time of the year we get the good cake from the actual bakery (not the ones inside the grocery store, like the bakery by my parents house), my brother wasn't into it either and wanted his usual cookie cake.  Then there was Steve - when I made my announcement he said well forget them you can definitely make mine!
 
So yesterday, I baked a little birthday cake and threw on some frosting and happily made Steve's birthday cake.  Not Martha Stewart but, it was a success. Steve loved it too so it was a win win.

Side note: My grandma's birthday was in March, I decided well I'll make hers - something happened with the frosting, it looked like a child made it and she was too full from dinner to even try any, ha! But despite the appearance it got good reviews -- I guess the 3/4 that said "no" to my cake baking had a point??
 
We also watched the start of the NFL draft - and one little pup helped herself to a spot between two of her favorite humans.
Stella also worked on her modeling poses.

{T H R E E} Favorite Pin
How fun would it be to sip a drink out on the deck like this? So cleaver and so easy and nothing flying into your delicious cocktail!

{F O U R} Royal Baby Watch
So the day I left for vacation I said it was RUMORED Princess Kate was in labor and I didn't want to spread any lies.  Ha, glad I said it was rumored because girlfriend is still pregnant!  I can't imagine what I'd be like if I was over in London because over here in USA, I'm always checking to see if that little royal baby #2 has come.  Boy or Girl?! I can't wait to see!

{F I V E}  Favorite Monogram
I talked here about picking out some cute, bright, monogram items on Etsy -- I ordered these coasters and they just came in the other day! I cannot wait to get more use out of them! I only got a set of two (because what am I going to do with Lilly like coasters with only my monogram) so I'm thinking one in my office and to keep one in the kitchen so I can grab it for quick use when I'm out on the deck this summer.

{S I X} The Pluses of the Week
Like I said above, we had something to do every night this week. BUT a birthday celebration, a gala which all the family members were attending, mama's home cooking were all chances to see my family multiple days - I try not to take these little occasions for granted because they are so sweet and special.

The absolutely perfect weather this week also helped leaving the clear blue waters and sunny skies behind a little easier.  It was perfect spring weather and I was in awe of God's beautiful outdoor creations each day.  Thankful we've finally got a little bit of spring and aren't skipping right to those hot summer days.
 
A walk on the trail with Steve and Nash
Then there was Miss princess Stella - sweet little thing was attached to our hips this week! She was a little mad at us Monday night for leaving her (which she says at a doggie resort, yes - resort, which she LOVES so I know she had a fun stay) but she got over it and is slowly starting to get over the clinginess. She also hit the four month mark this week - girl is getting big!
Reunited 
 
 Making the couch her own… 

Enjoy your weekends and get out in this beautiful weather, I know I'll be!

37 comments:

  1. Okay I will try to remember everything I wanted to comment on.. lots! Loved that pink dress and necklace!! I am so excited about the Royal baby!! EEK!! Your pup - oh my! She's so stinkin' cute!
    But my absolute FAVORITE are those coasters!! OH MY! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfits! You look great. That monogram is awesome too! Busy week for you, I hope your weekend is relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that is so sweet that he let you make his cake! proves what a great guy he is i'm sure! i am way to excited over this royal baby! idk why!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you offered to make everyone's cake and I love Steve's reaction! So sweet! I also love all of your outfits (that top is especially adorable!) and your coasters! Perfect little fun accent :)
    Stella is likely not going to let you out of her sight! She wants to make sure you don't leave again! (Cooper is the same way after we get back from vacation).
    Hope you have a good weekend and rest up from the busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad Steve took you up on your offer to make his birthday cake! It's the thought that counts-right?!?:) I love both of your necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so ready for the royal baby, too! I'm hoping it's a girl because I want to see what they would name her. I love English names--Catherine, Elizabeth, William. They are so southern to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE both the outfits you shared- too cute!! Those coasters are so fun too!! I just love Stella, she's the sweetest :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait for the Royal baby! I think it's going to be a girl!
    She should be giving birth SOON, I feel like the baby countdown has been forever!

    Love Stella! Sooo cute:)

    Have a great weekend!

    http://www.strolldownsomerdelane.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday! I love your outfits from this week - you should definitely do some outfit posts in the future! That cupcake liner trick is genius and adorable yet something that never dawned on me - thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your bright accessories, especially those flats and that necklace! That is too funny about the cakes - I'm very attached to my traditional birthday cake as well, so I guess people tend to stick to their favorites, haha. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how colorful your clothes are - makes me happy! Hope you have a great weekend!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dog is so cute!! Love both of your necklaces and those printed flats, they look great with your bright tops!! I hope that you have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your outfits, lady! That pink shirt is divine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those shoes are super cute - perfect for spring! Those cupcake liners are such a smart idea for keeping bugs out of your drink. I feel like during this time of year half of my drinks end up with no-see-ums.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pup is so cute, it's funny that they get mad when we leave, haha. And that first picture - yes, always wine! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pink dress is beautiful and I love the necklace you wore with it. Very pretty! I also love the pink shirt you have on in the birthday picture! It's so sweet that Steve wanted you still to make his cake - that's so special. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I swear if Kate has a boy, I will be in total shock. I am totally expecting it to be a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your outfits and those coasters are SO cute! Your cake looks delicious! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cake looks delicious! You are definitely a Fashionista!!! Super cute outfits!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving that necklace in your fav outfit pic, so pretty! And that cake looks delish :-D

    Happy Friday gurlie <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great outfits. My friend is heading to London tonight so I hope Kate doesn't have the baby today. I think it will be cool that she will be in London for the birth. Well, I hope so. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the spring outfits & coasters! I'm super excited about the royal baby too, fingers crossed for a girl!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those coasters! So cute. Anything monogrammed is always the way to go, and I love the Lilly pattern you picked out for them. Cute clotes too; I'm not a fashionista either but I'm currently on the look out for some new summer shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that you wanted to bake everyone a cake!! Such a fun idea even if not everyone was on board ;) What breed is Stella?? She is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE your pink dress! And omg I can't wait to see if Royal baby #2 is a boy or girl and especially the name they chose haha.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've had my eye on that Stella necklace, now even more :) So pretty! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That necklace, the coasters, and the "lids" on the glasses...I'm loving all of them!

    Royal baby has got to come because I'm thinking boy, and I want to know what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those coasters are so cute! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm in love with your outfit shares, you look so cute and professional! Also yellow cake with chocolate frosting is my jam girl, I'll definitely take one of your cakes! :)

    xoxo,
    Meghan
    Southern Belle Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am cracking up at your homemade cake story - I guess families sometimes know best? Lol! That is so cute that you wanted to do that, though. Girl, you totally should start taking some style photos - I love all your outfits from this week! I'm sure Miss Stella is so happy to have her mommy and daddy back home - Finn is clingy to me 24/7, so it doesn't even phase me at this point. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loving that black and white picture. The cupcake liners are such a great idea! That is awesome he wanted you to make his cake! Looks delish! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm totally feeling you on the insane week after vacation. It was definitely a challenge on some days - vacation hangover is real!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your outfit looks adorable :)
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those coasters are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Keep doing outfit pictures - they look great! Love dressing for spring and summer! Dying over your monogram coasters! Sooo cute! And I'm so excited that Kate had a baby GIRL!!!! Still holding out for the name though lol

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stella is adorable, and I love your outfits! So cute.

    Thanks for linking up with us for H54F!
    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete