Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Fall for the Home

The first official day of fall was two weeks ago, we turned the heat on for the first time over the weekend (even though we ate dinner on the deck last night) and our house is decorated and ready for this festive season that is upon us.

Today, I'm talking all things fall.  A peek into our  few fall decorations, a look at a new display I fell in love with and some bits & pieces of decor that I'm lusting after.  I'll save food/drink and fashion for another day - today is all about things for the home.

Displays… 
The home section in Nordstrom may be little but this season, it's on point.  When I was strolling through the mall last week with my mom we spent time searching through the section and it has the cutest items for fall.  A few of them need to be added to my decorations collection.  The turkey pie and football oh my and Leftovers prints are in my shopping cart now.




Decorating… 
Last year we barely had anything on the walls, only a few of the rooms were finished but we sure did have a few fall touches.  We added a couple little extras this year - nothing big at all but something to fill the house with festivity from September - November.  Basically, until we put our Christmas decorations up.  I like to mostly skip over Halloween since simple fall decorations will last.  (last year's decorations here


Pumpkin dishes: (crate and barrel last season) similar style // covered pumpkin pie dish: crate & barrel // napkins, napkin rings and placemats: (last season) similar placemats here and here - both under $5

autumn pillow // happy fall pillow (both on sale for $17)

other styles: one // two // three // four // five

*all fall items from Michael's 

*all fall items from Michael's 

Boo pumpkins DIY: here

 fall cookbook: gooseberry patch // all fall items from Michael's 

rug: kohls (now just under $7!) // 

leaf plates: sur la table // glass candle votives: pottery barn

Don't forget to join in for Wino Wednesday tomorrow and linkup your favorite wine (or cocktail!).  
I'm co-hosting this month with Amanda & Lindsay

33 comments:

  1. Nordstrom's home section is on point this year! Everything is too cute! Love all your pumpkins throughout the house...very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're totally on the same wave length today!! I haven't seen nordstroms home section since we dont have one in the city - wahhh but I need to check it out! Love all your accents! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cute things here! I love the pumpkin centerpiece and those fall pillows--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how you've got your place decorated!! Since we are still in the middle of moving and won't be moved into our new place until the beginning of November, I'm having to skip Halloween decor this year, but hopefully I'll be able to get things up in time for Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the painted pumpkins! They really add to your decor! I didn't do much fall stuff this year at all--I'm just waiting until Christmas to decorate big time!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your fall touches, Christina, and oh, how happy I am for cranberries and vodka! I really need that sign!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the pumpkins are seriously so cute! I also really love the leaf plates as well. I hope you get the turkey pie and football oh my sign. I feel like it's right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG you had to turn on the heat already? Yikes! Loving all of your fall décor! I need to go out and buy some fun fall stuff to decorate with soon! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous decor gurlie! Loving all those signs and the glitter pumpkins, and how cute are those pumpkin plates?! <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally LOVING your fall table linens! I bet you never would have guessed that though, huh?? ;) those pumpkin plates are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE fall decorations, however we have hardly any :( we always decorate for Christmas so early so I can't justify spending a lot of money on fall decorations that won't be up for long at all. Gonna try to get a few things each year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a fabulous decorator, lady! Seriously, your decor game is sooooo on point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know if the Nordstrom here has a home decor section, but I'm going to find out! Love all of your decor though, those pumpkins that you made are so cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your house looks awesome! Those pumpkin dishes are amazing and OMG, give me everything on that Nordstrom table. Starting with the leftover sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your house looks so pretty! I'm the worst about decorating for the seasons - I blame it on the fact that FL doesn't really have any seasons lol. And yay for Wino Wed!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks so cute! I love all the dishtowels and linens!

    xx, Carly | carly blogs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your house is so adorable with all those fall decorations! They're so so cute - I can't just pick one or two things I like the most lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving the Boo pumpkins. I'm going to need to try that DIY project :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish it was cold enough here to turn on the heat! I love all of your decor.. I've been doing mostly DIY but I think it's time to head to the store =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fall candles just make me so happy - I think I need to splurge on a few more :) Those "boo" pumpkins are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like to skip over Halloween also and go straight for Fall. I like to stretch those decorations from October through Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I SO wish we had a Nordstrom here! And I love all of your pumpkins! That orange and gold glitter pumpkin is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your fall décor! This is my first real fall decorating season so I'm always on the lookout for cute little touches for our home!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am loving your fal decor! I may need to swing by Kohl's to get those pillows!! Love your polka dot pumpkins too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your stuff is so cute! I truly need to start decorating our new house as it looks so bare.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am loving your halloween/fall style, I am especially in love with the pumpkin plates :)

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  27. We just turned the heat on at our house too! The next day, our windows were wide open. And, your fall decor-gorgeous! I tend to invest in simple fall pieces as well, as opposed to Halloween themed decor. You can keep 'em up all season without spending a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE your table decor!! I need to look for some like that when all the fall stuff goes on sale this year! We definitely had our heat on Friday and Saturday but air back on Sunday here too! lol. Great post, I love all of y'all's decor!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would go nuts in the store! You got so many cute things. The plates are the best and I love how your DIY sparkle pumpkins came out!

    ReplyDelete
  30. AHHHH! Those "give em pumpkin to talk about" plates...I'm dying over the cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have been searching for good fall placemats. Your table setting is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very fall! I have the same candle scent from Bath and Body Works. It smells so yummy! Pottery Barn, oh my most favorite place to go for festive, well, anything. The plates are pretty too. Thanks for sharing your home and all things autumn on our Tuesday Talk this week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your house looks adorable for fall! I'm glad I'm not the only one who skips over Halloween decorations - it's just easier to decorate for fall until it's time for Christmas. Nordstrom's home stuff looks seriously cute.

    ReplyDelete