Friday, February 19, 2016

Loving This Week: Resort Style

I think just about everyone is over the winter cold.  Yes?  It seems as though people are either jetting off on winter vacations, prepping for spring travels or planning summer getaways.  'Tis the season of quiet to plan travel adventures.

I have two warm getaways quickly approaching and resort style is always on my mind.  I'm trying to   mostly stick to my clothes from last summer but it's hard to ignore all the fresh styles for this upcoming season.

Beach dresses are my favorite item to pack; they can last you all day whether on the beach, at the pool bar or even doing activities around the resort.  Bright jewelry, especially a tassel, is something I can't seem to take my eye off this year.  Tassels on purses too - love!  Fringe sandals can match any outfit and is another trend I can't stay away from.  I'm a sucker for bright makeup cases and pool bags - how can you say no?  I'm loving how feminine the gorgeous one pieces that keep hitting the shelves are.  Floral dresses never go out of style and can easily fill much of my suitcase.  Sunglasses and beach hats the perfect accessory to round out your packing; you can't beat the sun without them.


Other Happenings:
+ People magazine ranked all of the vacations of the Real Housewives (from all cities) by most dramatic.  It was an interesting read but also definitely had me adding some future locations to our wanderlust list.

+ The Bachelor is really heating up and Chris Harrison gave a few interviews recently.  Here about what he does during the dates and here about how long he just renewed his contract for (hint - The Bachelor is still safe for at least five years!) On the note of the show, this workout would definitely burn a lot of calories as many enjoy lots of sips of wine during each episode.

+ There were a lot of questions about where I got the glass containers for the nacho bar I shared earlier this week.  They can be found right here and my other set here (and are just $9.99/$14.99 for a set of four!)

+ I didn't even watch the Grammy's (oops!) but were Sam Hunt and Carrie Underwood not ah-mazing?? Two of my favorites (video here)

+ This is not intentionally so TV/Gossip/Entertainment heavy but just one more thing for today in that category.  I think most people are just as obsessed as I am with the O.J. series.  This article gives some behind the scenes details of filming and such.

+ Holly recently shared a beef tenderloin with blue cheese sauce (yum!) that looks delicious and Emily shared some chili braised pork chops that look like a fantastic meal.  Finding new recipes makes our weeknight cooking much more enjoyable!

Happy weekend everyone.  Cheers! xx

35 comments:

  1. I love that black and white one piece! I think I need to get a one piece this year but I need a stylish one like the one you have in your collage.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! THis is what I need after all the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cute things! I am on the hunt for a new make up bag - I need to check that out. The tassel purse is so fun and color. That one piece is perfect - still shows a bit of skin, but is covering. And I am loving that floral dress. Like I said SO MANY cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and you have 2 vacays coming up to warm destinations...yay!!! Hope your weekend is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the Kate Spade fit and flare bow dress this week!! I love that one too! For some reason I kept thinking it was a swimsuit cover up!! Either way. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVEEE that pool bag! I need a new beach bag this season and that may be the one!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love all of those precious clothes! I can't wait until baby is here (and I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight) to wear all of my fun spring clothes. And yes on the OJ series; obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do you shop for bathing suits? I need new suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so ready for the spring weather and bright clothes!! Love all the items you picked :) I'm loving this season of the Bachelor. I'm hoping to find the big wedding special from last Sunday so I can watch it while the hubby works this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. That beach bag is so cute. Lucky gal with 2 warm weather vacations soon. It's cold up here and we are possibly getting another snowstorm next week. The groundhog totally lied to us. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes to all of those things in your collage. Love it all!! I'll join you on a beach vacation too. :-) Have a fabulous weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm obsessed with floral prints so that dress is right up my alley! Yay for your getaways approaching! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fab pieces! All of these would be so perfect for a tropical trip!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I might be the ONLY one not ready for Spring, LOL! Our winter hasn't been very cold, so I fear that our Spring and Summer months are going to be HOT here in Texas. I have the OJ series recorded, need to watch ASAP!
    xo, Lily
    beautywithlily.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving all of these! All of them would be perfect for our Aruba getaway that's quickly approaching!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of your picks!! Hope you all have a great vacation! I'm so excited for the next Bachelor episode. I have a feeling the rest of the season is going to be intense but really good!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are still trying to narrow down where we want to go on vacation, and I'm getting to the point where I don't care as long as it's hot and we go soon! I am more than ready for some hot sun! Have the best weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Harrison links! And when I think of beach clothes, I think of you! You pull them off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't watch the Grammys either (whoops), as I totally forgot it was even coming up. With the exception of a select few, I feel the music industry is very lackluster and not comprised of true raw talent anymore and it's so sad. Love that Chris Harrison article, man it must be nice to be him! And loving your resort wear picks! Especially those sunnies and that beach hat. Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving those vacation picks. I need to update my Mexico packing list. Great articles on the Bachelor. I didn't want the Grammy's either but I did hear Sam Hunt killed it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bought that beach cover up last year in black and am O B S E S S E D with it! So happy to see that they have it back in stock in more colors!! Enjoy your weekend!! (:

    LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want that coverup! I love the print. I can't wait for warmer weather when I can just throw on a dress and not have to think about matching my outfit pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay for five more years of Bachelor! I have no idea what I'll do if they ever cancel it! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i didnt watch the grammys either ha but mannn am i loving all the stuff you're sharing. that coverup is adorable! so glad i came across your blog through the linkup and i can't wait to read more! hope you'll stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I love all the beachy resort wear! This has me itching for warm weather, sunshine and a trip to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the Bachelor, Sam Hunt & Carrie Underwood's performance was awesome, and I want to plan a beach vacation just so I can wear that swimsuit-so cute!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. YES to all of these picks! I especially love that RM clutch - probably because I just bought it for myself ;)

    http://michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the cover up! I haven't gotten on the tassel train yet, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Vacation planning is always exciting! You're so right in that this quiet time of year results in lots of people planning trips. I love the bow dress and coverup! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love all of these options! I am going to have to pick up that People & maybe that cover up too :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh great items. I do need a vacation and I need it soon!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  32. The beef tenderloin with bleu cheese sauce looks amazing! I am obsessed with the OJ series, and that article was an interesting read. That black and white bathing suit is one I can get behind!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I need to check out that People magazine article because it always blows my mind how dramatic the trips are and how much more dramatic they get each year. I love all of your resort wear picks! The bright colors get me so excited for spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  34. IN LOVE with that floral dress!! So cute! I may need to pick that up for June ;) Yay for Bachelor being safe another 5 years - I don't know what I would do without it, ha! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh man, these picks have me wanting warmer weather!

    I love reading those Bachelor interviews with Chris Harrison. How crazy would it be if he really did hand the host job over to his daughter someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete