Thursday, February 11, 2016

Work It Out

I am by no means a workout expert but I do enjoy it.  Well I hate getting myself to the gym or getting up and dressed for a home workout, I do enjoy just cleaning my mind, burning some calories and how great I feel afterwards.  Having fun workout accessories help too - with Kate Hudson's Fabletics line and Carrie Underwood's Calia line's {I don't have anything from either of these collections YET and I'm waiting for spring but I can't wait to try them each out} as well as many other things - workout gear is so fun and interesting right now!

I work out about 5-7 times a week {depending on the week} because I enjoy indulging in food and life's all about balance, right?!  I can't do the same workout day in and day out because I will get so bored - If I'm using headphones I recently have been keeping myself entertained with podcasts otherwise it's a good playlist. Any good podcast suggestions???

The way to describe my favorite sweat session is at home.  My go to are these zumba dvd's - I've been using them for about two years now at least 3-4 times a week and haven't gotten sick of them - it's a fun and great workout.  Another huge favorite of mine is just using nature and getting Stella out for a long walk {while tracking my steps} because it helps me and it helps her.  Unfortunately this type of workout is lacking right now with how cold it's been so I'm really looking forward to getting back out when it warms up.  My local barre studio {two minutes away} closed recently so to fill the void I've been doing some at home - anyone have any favorite videos??? Last but not least - the gym.  Sweet, simple and basic the treadmill and elliptical are my favorites.

My fitbit that I got for my birthday has been such fun being able to track what I do in each workout {other than the machines that track for you} and something I ordered last night and have been so wanting is this elliptical that you can use at your desk, you can use on your feet and you can even travel with - I can't wait for it to arrive.

one | two | three | four | five | six | seven | eight | nine | ten

Like I said, working out is much more fun when you have cute gear to do it in - and I think everyone agrees!  If I'm home from the office then I can usually end up staying in my workout clothes a good part of the day and feel much more motivated if it's a nicer outfit then just a set of sweats. I'm partial to brights {if you couldn't tell above} but also blacks and whites because they are so easy to mix and match with other pieces.

Happy TGIT!
Linking up with Thoughts for Thursday today.

35 comments:

  1. Cute gear always makes working out that much more fun. I actually wore my lululemon leggings as pants to work yesterday.. With a tunic of course haha.

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those leggings! A cute workout outfit always motivates me just that much more to get my butt moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to try out those lines, but I just have a ton of work out clothes already. Can't wait to hear what you think of them. Tracy Anderson has a good workout video and since I know you have a love for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, they have a few, too! That elliptical thing sounds need, I have never heard of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try Carrie Underwood's new workout clothing because I love the colors she uses in her designs! What's your Fitbit name--we should find each other!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. An elliptical at your desk?? I need that!! And Zumba is orobably my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun workout gear makes all the difference! Happy TGIT to you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have those leggings and love them! My advice with Fabletics is to size up one size…I found their stuff to be a LITTLE small for me! :) (And if you cancel with them, you have to be REALLY firm. They're pretty pushy! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate getting up to go to the gym too haha. But it does feel great, especially during the winter. I have a few different podcasts that I listen to and I'd be happy to share them with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always more likely to workout if I have something cute to workout in that I want to wear! Love that tank and I really want the new Fitbit that's coming out! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  10. A desk elliptical, sign me up please. I am all about getting my workout in where and whenever I can, and I'm kind of a creature of workout habit. I love teaching BODYPUMP, you should see if your gym offers the class, I bet you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please let us know how that elliptical works out! I would love to use something like that while I watch TV instead of just sitting on my couch all night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had my fitbit for forever and it's def good to be held accountable! and cute workout gear is ESSENTIAL to a good workout if you ask moi. i had a fabletics subscription and loved it but then cancelled bc I just didn't need that many outfits ha. it's super cute though!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  13. I swear, cute workout clothes are the only thing that motivate me to get my butt into the gym haha. Have you tried Lululemon? It's expensive but SO WORTH IT. I'm obsessed! Also, my Fitbit motivates me to walk extra steps throughout the day, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute gear makes everything better! I need that desk elliptical since I'm always too tired to work out when I get home lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those Zella leggings are amazing, i have 2 pair and need more! I'm a lulu addict, i love that their products have extra quirks like thumb holes and fabric that loops over your entire hand to keep it warm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a couple pieces from the Calia line - it's great! I did one month of Fabletics, but need to cancel my account because I just don't need anything else right now. I love Lululemon too, but not really the price. I need a Fitbit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is perfect because I took up working out every day for Lent and I need some pretty things to give me motivation, ha! Loving that Kate Spade water bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've had that little elliptical for YEARS and it finally died a few months ago. I was sad to throw it out - I may have to get another. You will love it. It requires you to balance better with nothing to hold onto, so it ends up really working your core as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm with you - cute workout gear is definitely motivation enough to workout! We are joining a new gym when we get back from vacation and starting a spin class, so I'm hoping to indulge in some new gear for that (plus, it's my birthday, so hello presents). The Fabletics line looks so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've had the worst time with socks like that staying on - do those? If so I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need a big kick in my butt to get going! I'm very interested to see how the In-Motion Elliptical Trainer works! Currently saving up for a Woodway, can't wait!!

    LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm definitely going to check those Zumba DVDs out...dance cardio is my favorite type of workout so I'd love to do some at home and not just when I get to the studio!

    ReplyDelete
  23. that elliptical thing is genius! i want.
    i haven't tried fabletics or carrie underwood's line. i get most of my stuff from tj maxx haha!
    i really want a fit bit! but i can't see a reason why i actually 'need' it because i have my garmin for running... maybe i will get one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've had a Nike Fuel band but after 3 years it has finally bit the dust so I'm thinking I need to try the fitbit! Have you tried Tone It Up workouts? I never get bored of those trainers or workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so excited about this elliptical! I had no idea that they made anything like that! I have a stand-up work station at work, which I love, but to add a workout to it as well would be so awesome! Thanks for sharing this... I still have a couple of Amazon gift cards left from Christmas so I think that I may really buy this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I work out because of how much I love indulging in good food too, and have been wanting to check out Kate Hudson's line. It looks so fun! All that gear is fabulous, especially those towels. Too cute <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute workout gear totally helps motivate me to exercise! You have some great picks here

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute workout gear is a must! Those workout towels are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have a Fitbit as well and I love tracking my activity. Those Lilly Pulitzer earbuds are so cute!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this! I am an avid Jazzercise-er so I am all about the cute workout gear and dance cardio!
    I love barre as well but do not have a studio super close by- I do have "the bar method" DVD and it works, but it's pretty boring... hard for me to do at home alone. You should try Tracey Mallet's Booty Barre- I don't have the DVD but I have done a few of her short workouts- super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love my Fitbit!! My sister, husband, and one of my besties all have one too and we're always doing challenges together. I love it! :) Cute picks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I always hate working out, but when I do (rare), I always feel SO good afterwards. I need to remember that feeling more often when I just am not feeling like working out. I love all of these finds! My fitbit has been sitting in my jewelry stand, but I need to wear it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love working out! I get my Garmin Vivoactive today (Valentine's gift) and can't wait to start tracking my sleep, workouts and walks. I want to try out Fabletics, but haven't pulled the trigger. I need new running shoes desperately too. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm cracking up at the desk elliptical but it's actually a great idea!! Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I adore Fabletics! I can't wait to hear what you think! xo, Champagne&Suburbs

    ReplyDelete