Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Happenings {Spring Edition}

Happy Wednesday - halfway through the week! I'm sharing some happenings today - I love to do it a few times a year because they are fun for me to look back on in the future.

What we've been up to... 
Lots of time at home and we're loving it.  Since we got back from Palm Beach and our individual trips we've been laying low and it's another couple weeks before we're on the road again so we've been enjoying outings with family, friends and date nights, of course.  It's been nice to not have any set plans when the weekend hits and just be able to enjoy the weekend with a mix of activity and relaxation.

We had the best time celebrating Easter this past weekend too.

Enjoying the weather on the deck before hosting pre holiday celebrations

What I'm loving... 
Spring! We aren't fully into those gorgeous weather days but we're getting close and I'll take it.  Derek jumped the gun and uncovered our patio furniture (we're waiting to take the cushions out) so we're one step closer to summer.


What I'm wearing... 
Wearing - nothing super exciting (it's hard when it's 46 one day and 70 another!) but shopping is a different story.  I've been loading up my online shopping carts and making frequent trips to browse the mall as we head into a new season.  From the holidays until a few weeks ago I tried to avoid even looking.  I shared all my favorites for spring last week and I'm most loving anything floral.

Links to all the items above can be found here

What I'm working on... 
Travel planning, my favorite!  We've got a couple getaways on the horizon and I'm trying to plan them out well in advance so we don't get rushed like we usually do.

Spring cleaning has been in full force - closet clean outs (our master and all the other closets in the house), cabinets, garage... all of it!


What we're eating {and drinking}... 
We're to the point where the crockpot isn't permanently attached to the countertop, ha! We're slowly trading in those winter comfort meals for spring salads - shrimp caesar as well as greek are our favorites.  It's a little early but I've even whipped up a batch of pasta salad as well - now that really is my favorite summer lunch, dinner, side.  Appetizers too - we've had a few appetizers as dinner nights.

In addition to my white wine, I've been recently loving vodka, club soda and a little splash of peach schnapps.  The peach gives it a perfect little touch of flavor.  I've fallen in love with the Blue Moon Vanilla in a spring sampler pack that Derek picked up for me (if only you could get a WHOLE pack of the vanilla).

Our most recent appetizer spread

What I'm watching & reading... 
Many of my shows are coming to an end - what to do without all the drama at Sur or the Bachelor Mansion.  I'm looking forward to the comeback of Southern Charm, the start of Real Housewives of Dallas finishing out The People vs. OJ Simpson Series.  On the binge watching front it's been all about 90120 (the newer one) and Fixer Upper.

I've said it before but my favorite recent read was Emily Maynard's book, "I Said Yes".  Since I read it so quickly I'm going to give it a re-read later this month.

catching up on some DVR with Stella

What I'm excited about... 
Simple spring days.  There's such a happiness that spring brings along with it for me.  The excitement of summer on the horizon, meeting up with friends for dinners outside, endless time on the deck, outdoor activities -it's such a relaxed/fun/peaceful/low key time for us and I really look forward to the months ahead.  I finally feel out of my winter slump/laziness.



What I'm looking forward to next month... 
We're headed out west later this month and I can't wait - it'll be Derek's first time to see the state where I almost called home for four years.  This month also brings Penn State's Blue/White game - the annual spring game which is one step closer to football season, it's been too long since we had a good tailgate! Other than that April will be another low key month for us and we're looking forward to all the time to enjoy at home.


Previous "Happenings" Posts:
Winter Edition
2015 { Winter / Summer  Fall }


Linking up with  MelShay & Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday

35 comments:

  1. Your patio set is so pretty, I'd live out there in nice weather! And yes to spring cleaning! I need to get on that this weekend. I can't wait for our spring game either! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. That patio set up is amazing - I'd be out there all day on the weekends or after work!! Vacation planning is the best!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vodka soda with a little bit of lime squeezed in is a great cocktail - I bet the peach adds in a great flavor, too! Cheers to having time at home. It really is so nice to have low-key weeks. Hopefully the weather will stay consistently warm soon - you can get those cushions out and enjoy your gorgeous deck furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your patio furniture! We are in the market for some but I can't seem to find what I like that isn't thousands of dollars. And I agree with you weather-wise. It seems we'll have a really nice day and then the next day it's 15 degrees cooler. It makes picking out something to wear hard!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your patio set and want one so badly!! It is definitely spring here and we are loving it so I hope you get your evenings on the patio soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to take out my patio set, but I am afraid we're going to get one last snow fall!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to give that simple cocktail a try...I'm trying to use club soda as a mixer with vodka more but it's hard for me to give up the flavor from juice, so this would be a great compromise! Your patio is so cute, can't wait to see how it looks when you start entertaining out there during warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes and yes to all things spring-related! I'm going to have to try a shrimp caesar salad; that sounds SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for ALL THE SPRING THINGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gosh football season seems like so long ago. crazy. loving all the spring. and porch time and salads yum! doesn't get much better!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're patio is gorgeous! I am super excited about Real Housewives of Dallas, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet y'all can't wait to get out on the patio!! So nice :) I can't lie, while I miss the Bachelor I do enjoy the extra 2 hours I have on Mondays ;) I really need to watched southern charm after I finish Gossip Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, I can't wait for summery weather! My fave drink right now is cherry lime LaCroix sparkling water and raspberry vodka with a splash of 7up and lots of fresh lemons and limes!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your patio furniture! If our balcony was bigger I would have convinced Chris to get something like that haha. :-) I cannot wait for spring and summer too. I cleaned out my closet a month ago and it was the best thing ever. Yay to upcoming trips too. We have one planned for this summer so I'm looking forward to that. :-) Thanks for sharing and have a great day!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I second you that the weather needs to make up its mind! I have so many cute spring clothes just waiting to be worn, but until it warms up they're just sitting their taunting me-haha. Love your patio furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love not having anything set in stone on weekends too. You have so much stuff going on. How do you do it all? I've actually wanted to start watching 90210 just haven't gotten around to it. So many spring stuff coming up for you. I have to get my spring cleaning in full force. I might start that today or tomorrow. How exciting that you get to take the Mr. to where you almost moved completely. I love showing my boyfriend around to some of my old memories. Ohhh and I am obsessed with your patio, and the fact that you have the woods behind it!! Happy Hump Day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm all about spring weather!! Looks like you have a gorgeous patio!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Needless to say, my favorite part of this post is the reference to football season :) Only 5ish months to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't find that Blue Moon vanilla on it's own anywhere either - but they do have a 6pack of the new flavor "First Peach" - you might love that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your patio set up! I'm jealous of all the trips your planning! I want to go somewhere warm! Can't wait for Spring/Summer and warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super excited for Spring and the lovely weather it brings. Nothing like eating outside.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your patio furniture, and that your hubby is already getting it ready. I think we are all ready for nice weather to stick around.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your patio furniture! Sounds like a great spring! Its one of the best times of year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so excited for spring too! I'm so excited about the nicer weather and the fact that it's lighter longer! I can't wait for real housewives of Dallas either! I'm hoping that it'll be just as good the other cities and that it shows lots of fun Texas things!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad that you're enjoying all your quality time at home! Your vodka, club soda and Peach Schnapps cocktail sounds so delicious and refreshing - I'll have to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay for busting out the patio furniture! Hopefully y'all can get the cushions out there soon and get to using it!

    And hooray for college football! Our G-Day game is in a couple of weeks and I'm soooo excited! Hoping so badly that we can get up there to it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yum to pasta salad! I also love your patio furniture, it looks so inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay for the return of patio furniture and outdoor living! And of course old school 90210 <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh wow, your patio furniture is gorgeous! is that weird that i am saying that about furniture? ours is super boring, i think we definitely need some new stuff. hope you're able to use your furniture soon, that spread from last year looks awesome. also i feel you on the shopping, i have bought so much lately. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Quieter weekends are always needed amidst busy traveling. I love those weekends just as much as taking off on an adventure somewhere. I love your patio set!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yay for spring! I'm trying to do the spring cleaning too. It's always so nice to get that fresh start. Love the patio furniture!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loved that y'all wore matching Easter outfits- so cute! And I also loved your outfit while grilling out- perfect casual wear :) I can't wait for Real Housewives of Dallas- I think it's going to be a great franchise! I've also been loving Real Housewives of Potomac- so dramatic :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your patio furniture! I cannot wait for Real Housewives of Dallas. Blue Moon Vanilla? I've never heard of it but it sounds so good - I'll have to look for it! Leah Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your patio furniture is so cute--I saw on snap when you guys were uncovering it. Spring is seriously the best....the freshness in the air, and being able to be outside more. I laughed about the crock pot not being a permanent fixture on the countertop. Same here. Definitely leaning towards some lighter meals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your outdoor furniture!! I can't get over how amazing it is!

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete