Thursday, June 9, 2016

Dining Under the Stars

If you've been reading around here for a while than hearing me talk about Dining Under the Stars is no new topic.  For years and years our extended family has gathered on Wednesday nights for weekly summer dinners dining al fresco.

Our town shuts town the main street and side streets, sets up tables and the restaurants serve dinner al fresco.  When we started going years ago it was easy to get in and a simple setting - now a days, the streets are always packed and you need a reservation well in advance.

This event runs from the start of May through the end of September and while we used to go every week, we've decided to just make it out a few times a month now - in fact, we started a month late this year!

Couldn't quite fit the whole "cheers" into the photo
top | necklace 

Due to some storms that blew in yesterday afternoon - we were actually chilly at dinner last night - something I didn't think I'd say.  The temperature took a huge drop into the low 60's and as the night went on into the 50's so we were bundled up.

We went to a favorite of everyone's - a small Italian place, Ariano, down one of the side streets.  I went for my favorite - clams in a bread bowl - so delicious!

If you're local - check out the information for DUTS (here).

Cheers to a great season of al fresco dining & many weekly family dinners ahead! xx

19 comments:

  1. I always love events like this especially on nice Spring and Summer nights. Last night was definitely a bit chillier than we are used to for this time of year, especially lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the coolest event! I wish our town did that. Bummer it was chilly, but you looked adorable in that outfit. The cool air may be looked back on feeling good since the heat is back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your top. Sounds like a fun family event!

    kaitlyn-danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so fun!! I'll have to check it out! I couldn't believe how chilly it got last night too! Love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time you write about this, it makes me really wish that my town did something similar! Such a fun way to go out to dinner in the summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could not love more that your town does this, such an amazing way to celebrate the warmer months. *Cheers* <3
    http://peridotkutie.blogspot.com/2016/06/pretty-baubles-for-great-cause.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like so much fun! I can't believe the city does it like that, we should, I swear our whole city is just lit up all of the time! It would be nice to see the stars while eating dinner.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that is awesome! I wish our town did something like this. What a great thing to look forward to every summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your outfit, and DUTS sounds amazing!! I love towns that put on events like this!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like such an awesome event! Minus it being chilly last night, hopefully that doesn't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fun! I wish we did something like this! We could not do it during the summer though, it in the 80's at night already! Looks like y'all had a great meal. I love that top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so much fun!!! Love that your town does this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that y'all do this, and that it's such a big event for your town! It might be a little too hot to dine under the stars in Houston during the summer, but it would be perfect for the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for the official start of summer for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so fun!!! I love this idea, and I'm really loving that Lilly top! :)

    Erin, Attention to Darling
    www.attentiontodarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just think this is the neatest thing! Sounds like such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those clams look really good. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that your town does this! If our main street had more restaurants, it would be such a cool thing to start doing.

    ReplyDelete