With the summer months underway, it's the perfect time of the year for some unique dating opportunities - mainly based on enjoying the nice weather. With so many opportunities to take advantage of while the weather is nice during these three months, there are plenty great date night ideas to be had.
My top ten favorites below...
- Day Tripping: Spend a day exploring an area you've always wanted to that's a good driving distance away. Preferably on the water perhaps?
- Staycation: Enjoy an overnight in your city. Do the touristy things or just enjoy the pool/hotel property and have a relaxing day. Another alternative is to have a staycation at your own home - don't plan any errands, any house work, just grill out, enjoy a patio and relax.
- BBQ Together: Prepare appetizers, a main course and dessert for just the two of you - something special (more than a usual dinner at home) and enjoy the quiet alone time as well as the special meal.
- Landscape: Gather all the items you need to spruce up your landscaping, add a flower garden or make a small vegetable garden and plant it all together.
- Shop: Best on a day when you're trying to beat the heat - go shopping together to pick out a few nice things for an upcoming trip. If no travels are planned then still enjoy the shop date to pick up a new outfit for each of you to wear on a fun date that night.
- Host: Something as simple as burgers and dogs or as festive as a themed party - plan the menu together then shop for the supplies and share the hosting duties.
- Stay Active: Go for a hike, play tennis, hit the links, take a canoe ride or if it's too hot outside then get in a morning gym session together.
- Enjoy a Lazy Day: Skip taking advantage of the season and just let go - sleep in, cook a nice breakfast, binge watch a few shows, get some reading in and enjoy take out for dinner.
- Try Something New: A restaurant, a hobby, a destination, a food, an activity - something that neither of you has tried before.
- Dining Al Fresco: This one is pretty simple and basic but can add just a little extra to a normal dinner date.
A few other classic ideas... Go to the movies, make s'mores, enjoy a spa day, wine tasting, take in a sporting event, go fishing, have a picnic on the beach, make homemade ice cream, take in a sunset, attend an outdoor concert.
Thanks for stopping by; have a good week! xx