Friday, April 28, 2017

Boy or Girl: Old Wives Tales


Tomorrow is the big day - our Gender Reveal Party!  This has been one of the things that I've been most excited about.  Derek and I found out almost a month ago through genetic testing and have been enjoying the news ever since.  

I'd browsed and browsed the old wives tales before finding out and couldn't wait to see if they were true or not so I thought I'd share today... 
Morning Sickness
Little girls aren't always sweet; nausea means your having a little girl.
Boy - There were a couple weeks of slight nausea and continuing if I'm hungry but definitely not bad by any means.

Baby's Heartbeat
If the baby's heartbeat is more than 150 times per minute, it's a girl.  Less than 150, it's a boy.
Girl - it's always been over 150.

Chinese Calendar
... Says Girl

Sleep Position 
If you prefer sleeping on the right side at night, you'll have a girl.  Left side and it's a boy.
Girl - I'm more likely to sleep to the right most of the time.

Food Cravings
Craving Salt? It's a baby boy.  Craving sweets? It's a little girl.
Girl - I wouldn't say too much craving but I've definitely been enjoying some ice cream and such.  

Mood 
Mood swings and you're having a girl.  Keeping calm and it's a boy. 
Boy - I've been surprisingly calm, relaxed and worry less than I should.

Even and Odd
If your age and year of conception are both even or odd, it's a girl.  One even and one odd, it's a boy.
Boy - it's 2017 and I'm 28.

Headaches
Headaches? It's a boy.  No head pulsing? It's a girl.
Boy - not terrible  but I had my fair share of headache days for a couple weeks recently.  Either that or it could have been spring allergies!

Stella's Vote
We put two cards out on the floor - one saying "boy" and one saying "girl" each with a treat in front.  We let Stella go and watched which one she went to first.
Girl - she went right to the girl card without hesitation.  I guess she prefers pink toys to steal rather than blue.

Girl - 5 
Boy - 4 

Pretty even split!  Since we found out so early it wasn't as easy to guess because some of the old wives tales couldn't even apply yet.  We are both thrilled with the outcome and couldn't picture it any other way.

Check out my Instagram tomorrow to see or check back here next week - I'll share the gender and all the party details.  Happy weekend! xx 

20 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear the news! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old wives tales! So much fun! Can't wait to see pictures from your gender reveal party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been spot on for the last few times I've guessed with my friends so I'm banking on a little boy...but either way so exciting! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy this weekend! Pink or blue, it is so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are always so fun. Both of mine were fairly split in what the leaned towards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! I'm definitely on team pink over here :) Have a great weekend and enjoy your gender reveal party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to the reveal! Have a wonderful time at the party and congrats! I'm so very happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too cute! I'm thinking Team Blue, but we shall see! I had ridiculous nausea and exhaustion my first trimester which pointed towards girl, but I was actually pretty pleasant without any mood swings which made people think boy. Too funny! I'll be insta-stalking your gender reveal tomorrow, enjoy every second <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait to hear which flavor baby S is! Enjoy the party. I am thinking boy but we shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to hear the news! Have a wonderful time at the party. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you! I bet you're so anxious and excited to share the news with your family. Enjoy every minute - no matter what, at least you have a healthy baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading old wives tales but I'm usually the opposite of them! I had no nausea with my first and she was a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally missed that you were pregnant. I suspected it awhile ago and you are. congrats. I can't wait to hear what baby is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally will be stalking your instagram tomorrow - can't wait to find out which it is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seriously cannot wait!!! I'm the worst at guessing this stuff lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so excited!! And I found that a lot of the old wives tails were true for both of my pregnancies. So far, the Chinese calendar has been right for every single one of my friends' pregnancies AND both of mine, so that's why I'm going with girl for you! Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so close, and I honestly don't know what you're having! I can't wait to see the announcement tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So fun! And tough to guess with the pretty even split but I'm going to guess it's a girl. Hope you have a blast at your gender reveal party! Looking forward to the outcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun! I saw the pic on instagram and I am so excited for you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete