Thursday, April 6, 2017

House Inspiration: Family Room

We still have some time to go but as we get closer to our moving date I can't help but browse for new things.  We'll be taking most of our current furniture and using it to start and we'll definitely have more rooms to fill so some will just be empty to begin.  I plan on taking my time setting things up just the way we want so it'll be a while before the house is completed.

I love neutrals especially browns/tans/creams so similar to our house now much of the new house will be neutral.  (I love a good navy blue/white accent so we'll work on throwing that in too). 

One of the rooms that I know we'll do from the start with new furniture is the family room - the center point of the house and where we spend most of our time.  I'm envisioning most of the pieces below along with our entertainment center and an accent table which we'll hang those three mirrors above.  My plan is to have the sectional in the center of the room, two of the French accent chairs
for a seating area near our fireplace (copying off my Mom's house!) and two of the striped chairs on the other side of the sectional closer to the foyer.  We'll see how it all plays out though...



 
Have a good day! xx

16 comments:

  1. I love your vision and yes to neutrals!! You can never go wrong and you won't get tired of it down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it's going to be so cute! Those mirrors are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES to neutrals! We're going to do a big, neutral colored couch in our front living room but do some fun accent chairs by the fireplace for a little bit of pop. Can't wait to see how this turns out in your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Those French accent chairs are so, so pretty. I'm sure all your decor will come together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these because if you ever get bored with the paint on your walls, you can choose from a few more shades and the furniture will still match.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those L sectionals. I wish my living room was big enough for one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mirrors and French accent chairs you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so funny... I love brights in my clothing/accessories, but there is something about neutral decor with just a pop of color that I LOVE! I think it just makes a home feel so cozy and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your inspiration, especially those french accent chairs. PERFECT for a fireplace! Love the rug, too and the mirrors - can't wait to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your inspiration! We have the french chairs on the top left and love them!! I always laugh because they're in our living room and Stephen doesn't let people sit in them - he says they're decoration pieces lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We did something very similar moving from an apartment to the house. We kept all of our old furniture, but put our old living room furniture in the upstairs loft, for example, so we could start fresh and have fun with the main living/family room. I love all the neutrals you chose!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's definitely one of the fun parts about moving, getting to pick out all new stuff! I love the idea of having French accent chairs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl! I can't wait to see it come together. Those mirrors are absolutely amazing!! I feel like I should look into them for my dining room!! You have such great home style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Shop SextoyUyTin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Because sofas provide a higher level of home comfort, they are the most cost-effective method to design a room. Sofas such as the tight back leather sofa come in various configurations, designs, and colors aforementioned direct exposure rising market share.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Outsourcing and Working as a Team, Some businesses might think they can save money by bringing office cleaning back in-house. But this is because efficient waste sorting and better-managed processes add value and save time and money. Office cleaning checklist

    ReplyDelete