Monday, April 10, 2017

Masters Sunday


Happy Monday! Yesterday was the perfect spring day - sunny, high 60's and windows open.  Derek has had the Masters on our tv all week and yesterday was no exception.  I'll sit with him and usually do something else while he watches but if some of the younger guys do well or it's an exciting end like last night I'll pay attention too.  However, I can get on board with themed food - so we had a Masters spread for dinner and family over to enjoy.

We went with the typical Augusta menu - pimento cheese spread (with another flavor) and bruschetta to start along with egg salad sandwiches (and tuna/chicken salad too) and potato/broccoli/tortellini salad for the mains with a few bakery treats to finish up.  The food was out for a bit so people could just enjoy during the final holes of the tournament.

The tulips are some my mom dropped off from Wegman's last week and still going strong.  Just like for our tailgates, I love a good decorative toothpick for any occasion...


15 comments:

  1. You are the hostess with the mostess girl!! those sandwiches look amazing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest! Love any excuse for a good theme party. It's totally my dream to go to The Masters one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously adorable! look at that little flags. and pimento cheese was a good choice - so southern :) def an event that would be cool to attend someday! happy week :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you precious hostess!! Yesterday, was one of the most glorious days of the year for my Mr. And we were thrilled to see the ending and Sergio win! Love the picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, you put together the best little themed parties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have the most amazing looking food and I love that you always decorate with a little themed toothpick! And so jealous of your weather, that sounds perfect!<3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love how you always have the festive toothpicks - just makes the spread so much more fun! And everything looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can always get on board with themed food too, your spread was so fun and looked delish! Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! I love how everything matched the Masters. You are quite the hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cuuuute! Love this. Makes it so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how everything is always so themed for your get-togethers! Your spread looks fabulous, and now I'm officially ready for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome spread!! I love the array of sandwiches, and of course, those little flags!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are the best hostess!! Those mini sandwiches are adorable and look DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness your sandwiches sound delicious! I'm only just learning that pimento cheese and egg salad sandwiches are the thing for the Masters and now I'm craving both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum!! Your spread looks so delicious and I love how you have the sandwiches displayed! Your food themes are so great :)

    ReplyDelete