Wednesday, December 13, 2017

December Things


This month is flying by, I think that trying to get things done with Tatum in tow makes it go by even faster.  The past two days I tried to stay up late and wake up a little before he wakes up to try to wrap up our Christmas shopping via online - having a newborn has me a little behind on things but with the exception of a few errands I think that I'm just about done!

We got our tree (and fake trees) decorated and hung Tatum's first Christmas ornament plus a personalized one I picked up for him.


Our Christmas cards went in the mail - it was quite the accomplishment to get them signed, sealed and delivered.  We take advantage of the weather any day that it's not freezing - something we won't be doing today - our coldest day yet.


We've almost got our Christmas shopping done - it's not quite as easy in years past when I could just run errands whenever I wanted.  Last week we did take a day and went to the mall + lunch with my mom and brother.


We've made our famous Christmas Cheer - last night we enjoyed our first sips of it!  We've also spent many nights curled up by the Christmas trees.


Even though he's not quite old enough yet, we move our Elf on the Shelf around for each other to find.  We remember to do it maybe twice a week.


Just after the month started I picked up this book - there's a different Disney Christmas story for each day - it's become part of mine and Tatum's morning routine - another part of the routine is moving the advent calendar each day.


We haven't done a ton of hosting - yet (we have a few upcoming events) but we've had some nights with family over to enjoy the season.


A new tradition (I think) was started this year - gingerbread houses.  I wasn't super into it in the beginning but we spent an entire night decorating and had the best time.  We made them 'for Tatum" but I think even when he's old enough we'll still be making our own too.

15 comments:

  1. I think it's amazing how much you've been getting done with Tatum in tow!! Nothing better than curling up by the tree with your baby and enjoying the stillness of the night! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you are a rock star! I always love seeing what you are up to during the holidays bc you really embrace the season! Tatum is so lucky to be growing up making such fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been living it up with Christmas - I love it!!! Making gingerbread houses are so fun - you just reminded me I need to pick up a kit to do one myself! I am so curious about that Christmas Cheer recipe - it always sounds like such a fun thing every year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang girl, you're on it! I was a hot mess after my first baby was born -- I can't imagine what I could have been like over the holidays! Ha! Everything y'all are doing sounds so fun and are great traditions that he will just love and adore in the next couple of years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I am so excited to do my own gingerbread house this weekend!!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    http://www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun! Dustin and I still have gingerbread house making to do before Christmas!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to buy that Disney book and put it away for my future child! Yay Gingerbread houses! I don’t know why, but I think they’re so fun to make. Glad you’re having such a fun and memorable season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of this!! Isn't it so much fun with kids, even if he won't remember you will!! Your gingerbread houses turned out so well. I think you're doing pretty job getting everything done with a newborn in tow, I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't made a gingerbread house in years - I'd love to restart that as a tradition. It looks like you're making it a fantastic holiday season for Tatum's first one :)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did I miss the recipe for your Christmas Cheer? It looks and sounds delish! Still super jealous that you have a local Nordstrom, we have 2 Nordstrom Racks but no Nordstrom. But yay for getting cards out and shopping. Stay warm today <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. You’re a rockstar for waking up early and staying up late to try and get your shopping done! It’s so hard to do with little babies! And I love all the new traditions your starting with Tatum! It’s just even more fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Y'all are so cute in your matching jammies!! I bet this Christmas will be so special and loving how festive your house looks!

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  13. How much fun!! Christmas with Tatum looks like a blast and it's going to keep getting better and better!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun traditions you are starting with Tatum! We do gingerbread houses every year and I always look forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Getting my Christmas cards in the mail last week was the BEST feeling of accomplishment!! Looks like you guys are still getting A LOT done with a newborn!! You're amazing, girlie! Love the new traditions with Tatum!

    ReplyDelete