Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thanksgiving Eve: This or That

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!  The eve of the holiday is always my favorite - today we're running last minute errands for tomorrow and then it's our annual Thanksgiving Eve family dinner.  We've been busy the last week or so getting festive... 

Thanksgiving Prep:
We're hosting again this year and I'm very excited - last year with a one month old baby, I almost can't even remember the day!  I'm excited to enjoy this day with lots of family members and that I had proper time to prep for it.


I also threw together a couple flower arrangements last night to compliment one of the food display tables for Thursday. 


Thanksgiving Week Festivities:
It's been a fun week - we kicked things off with Friendsgiving on Friday at a friend's house with a fun group, we also gathered some items for the food bank and Tatum joined Mom and I on his first "Tuesday before Thanksgiving shopping trip" yesterday.


First Snow:
Last Thursday we had our first snow!  It was supposed to be nothing and a dusting then switching off to rain but it stuck and we got a couple inches.  Tatum and I had been running errands and stopped in the office in the morning but got home just in time - it was a little slippery getting onto our street. Luckily we brought home lunch and already had food for dinner so we were cozy and good to go!


Veteran's Day Parade:
Also last week we walked over from the office to our little main street in town so Tatum could see a little bit of the Veteran's Day Parade - my cousin was walking in it so we saw him and his school then went back to the office for lunch.


Christmas Prep:
Like I said it snowed last week, we were stuck indoors and it felt right to get a couple Christmas decorations out.  Since we're hosting Thanksgiving  I didn't want anything near the kitchen, dining room, etc. rooms where everyone would be so we brought up the living room tree and I decorated that room - it's my favorite room this time of the year!


Operation Christmas Child:
This is something that I've wanted to do for a couple years - I missed the deadline in the past and last year I was busy with Tatum but this year I was ready to start this tradition with him and can't wait to continue doing it.  We did four boxes for kids ages 2-4 (closest to his age) - two boys and two girls.   We had fun filling the boxes with stuffed animals, sticker, activity and coloring books, water colors, musical toys, card games, crayons, tic tac toe sets, toy trucks, footballs and helpful items like wash cloths, soap, toothbrushes, bandaids, tissues, etc.  Looking forward to doing again next year and if you haven't heard of this and want to join in next year, you can find more information here.


Cozy Nights:
We've been making an effort to be home, cozy and relaxing on weeknights recently.  October was ab busy month and around Halloween we were SO busy!  We're done our trips to Penn State and vacations in general for 2018 so we've been enjoying some downtime before the busy holiday season.


Wishing you the very best Thanksgiving and a wonderful holiday weekend! xx 

4 comments:

  1. I love the arrangements you created for thanksgiving!! So beautiful! I hope you enjoy the holiday with your family! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love that tradition of operation Christmas child. so lovely. and I cant wait to see how well you host thanksgiving! always such a treat
    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had the BEST Thanksgiving! I love all the 'before' things you do!

    ReplyDelete