Monday, April 18, 2016

Blue & White Game

 

While I don't want to wish away the spring/summer, I am eagerly awaiting football/tailgate season - just over four months to go.  We spent the weekend in State College for the annual spring game - the Blue/White game.  The weather was perfect and had me wishing I packed shorts.  The game kicked off at 2pm on Saturday so we loaded up a toned down tailgate stash and headed for the stadium just before noon.  The guys headed into the game for kickoff but since the score didn't matter, Mom and I enjoyed some extra time in the sun with our cocktails and music.  We didn't get our normal spots right outside the stadium in the paved parking lot but the plus side of the fields was a nice view of the stadium.


Once the game was over people were allowed on the field so of course I wanted to do that and grab a couple photos. 

We snacked on shrimp, a cheese platter, tailgate dip, sandwich bites, chicken nuggets and a couple Penn State cookies.  A bloody mary bar and wine/beer served for the drinks.


The weather was so nice that we just grilled out and enjoyed the deck at the house that night.  Derek and I played some tennis after the game and my parents walked the dogs over to watch - it was all about enjoying the weather.  Some creamery ice cream was enjoyed - a must in State College and we grabbed pizza at one of our favorite local spots on Friday night.

A full car on the way up; Derek left work early to meet us in time for dinner but my parents picked up Stella and I so we could get up early.
Game day ready for our morning walk.
Double dating with my favorite people
Coming over to watch us play tennis.
Matching with my best gal. 


Spring really has arrived - the forecast is looking ideal and we had our first BBQ of the season on the deck last night - looking forward to many more to come.


Enjoy the new week! xx

29 comments:

  1. Oh my that looks like so much fun! What a wonderful weekend. I love that you get to spend so much time with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "relaxed" spread for the tailgate is more than we usually do for a regular game LOL!! Sounds like such a fun day and you and your mom are too cute! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! Love Derek's socks - those are great. Your spread looks pretty awesome, especially being relaxed. Love how you and your mom match - my mom and I end up doing that sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had such a great weekend! The spring football game is always so much fun because it really gets you ready for the upcoming season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun -- and so jealous of your gorgeous spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to learn how to tailgate on your level - amazing! Enjoy every drop of spring and summer, to me football is what makes the cooler weather bearable come fall <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was a super fun day at the game and a nice weekend--can't beat this weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much fun! i really love how you guys - with everything you do - go 110% with all the details. from the spread to the outfits and everything in between! I wanna come to a game with y'all!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome spread. I've never been tailgating- you make it seem so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your mom are the absolute cutest, I seriously can't get over it. Can you believe that I've never been properly tailgating? It's basically a crime, I know. Yours looks like so much fun, so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last picture with your mom is so cute. I am like Karly and I have never been tailgating!! At least I can't remember ever doing that. Haha. Love your outfit and Derek's shirt for your double date too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY for beautiful weather and football! No better weekend in my opinion! I can't wait for football season to start either... so close yet so far! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  13. FOOTBALL! Oh how I miss football. And tailgating. But I'm with you - I'm not wishing away summer just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved seeing all your pics from the Spring game! And yes!! Bring on football season!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a really fun time! I've never been to a spring game before!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how fun!!! Our spring game is next weekend. I don't want summer to go by quickly, but I can't WAIT for football season!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE Derek's bucket hat!! This game looks like so much fun. I really miss the spring game at UConn, we always used it as a trial run for new foods for the fall. Have a great week!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  18. You and your mom are just so cute! And YES, I'm soooo ready for football already! We just ordered our season tickets for the new season and I have the itch already!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your hair :) It's gorgeous. Perfectly decked out for Penn. Having nice weather makes a weekend just perfect too.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  20. So fun! I'm dying to get back to State College for the Blue/White game one of these years! The weather this year couldn't have been better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your tailgating spread - so fun! While I'm ready for football season to get here, I'm not ready for the crazy schedule that comes with it for us. Glad you had such a great time! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  22. So fun! We used to go to PSU games as kids! Did you and your mom plan to match? Great weather and fun weekend!

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh, I love this post! I love the fall and football season too. That last photo is awesome! Please tell me that was not planned!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a great time! I can't wait for football season this fall :D

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your matching shirts! What a beautiful day for a game!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun weekend!! The tailgate looked like a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh wow, i love the matching tops! so cute. sorry you didn't get your normal spot but the grass area does look good, and wow you guys know how to tailgate! A bloody mary bar? yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the matching tops you and your mom had. So cute. I can't wait to tailgate, watch football and get into the season, but I want to enjoy summer first.

    ReplyDelete