Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Santa Monica


If you missed the first part of our most recent California trip we started it off at the Rose Bowl and then enjoyed Malibu.  My parents and brother left a little bit before us so we spent the last morning together walking by the beach in Santa Monica over to Ivy at the Shore which is just as pretty of a setting as The Ivy.  Fresh flowers every where, the cutest serve wear and delicious food.  We enjoyed our extended amount of time on the patio.


Strolling along the beach... 


If you've been reading here for a while you know that we make a trip out west once or twice a year and I've always wanted to go while the Christmas decorations were up so it was nice they were still up while we were there.


Derek and I switched over to Beverly Hills for the rest of our day and spent the afternoon doing a little private tour up in the hills to see some homes and such - Lisa Vanderpump's old neighborhood is below... 


To finish off the afternoon we enjoyed happy hour by the pool - it was by no means swimming weather but nice to sit out by the pool with no coat needed.


Dinner that night was at a favorite of ours - Craig's - we went the night we got back from our honeymoon and make sure to go every time were in the area now.  It's a favorite to the celebrities too - we saw Jessica Lowndes and just missed Kourtney Kardashian.


The final little bit of our trip tomorrow... 

15 comments:

  1. I love Santa Monica!! And the dinnerware used for your breakfast is the best! We did a Hollywood tour the last time I was there and it was well worth the money haha! I love celebrities, so I was all about taking a tour!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa Monica looks so neat!!! Love where you guys had breakfast! Such a great pictures from your dinner at Craig's - you look gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved escaping the east coast for the west coast during the winter--looks like you guys enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're staying in the santa monica / venice beach area in March so I just added that restaurant to the list of places to try!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously santa monica is so cute. and i love that the photos completely show that the weather was perfectly comfortable. the best! need to add that town to my list next time i go out west. and i love a good celeb sighting - i'm a sucker for it!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santa Monica looks like the cutest! I only was there for a short time so I don't remember much. How fun that all the Christmas decorations were still up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love your love for Cali, and need to bookmark all your recaps for when we get out there later this year <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day!! I'm sure it was nice to enjoy the better temperatures there before coming home to the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow everything looks so beautiful. And those lattes and salmon eggs bene looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable restaurant for breakfast! I love the pineapple plates and the eggs benedict with salmon looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those flowers are gorgeous! You and your mama have such a striking resemblance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those flowers are gorgeous! You and your mama have such a striking resemblance!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how y'all always visit so many different neighborhoods while you're in LA! And hooray for seeing more celebrities at Craigs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute, I love those rose bouquets. Looks like it was a fun trip. Craig's sounds exciting! I definitely would of been star struck had I of ran into a Kardashian.

    ReplyDelete